in this article i will be putting forward for you a poultry farm business plan. Putting together a business plan is a major challenge form many people as it involved many technicalities and in-depth information especially when it comes to agricultural related ventures.
poultry farming is an unpredictable venture in the sense that prices of birds, feeds ans other form of input are inconsistent. This are controlled by some market forces that need understanding before such venture can be successful.
below is a sample of a poultry farm business plan:
Name of Business:
NiyiRoyalz Agricultural Services
OSOGBO, OSUN STATE.
Niyiroyalz Consult and Farm
23rd August, 2020
Name of the Business
NiyiRoyalz Agricultural Services
Type of Business
Products or Services
BAKERIES, HOUSEHOLD, RESTAURANT, EATERIES
Number of staff Required Capital
Sources of Capital Amount (N)
personal Fund N13,000,000
NiyiRoyalz Agricultural Services is a company built with the overall aim of producing quality food produces for the general populace especially households, eateries, restaurants and other relevant industries. The vision of the company is owned at least a 50,000 capacity egg production facility.
The company is owned Oluwaseyi Adeniyi and the company is situated in Osun State with the main purpose of getting it to a robust market (South – West region of Nigeria).
We have the basic structure on ground to start the business, (land) and a pen but due to the targeted production the organization is seeking extra money (loan) to help her acquire the necessary inputs to get the business from the ground.
From our feasibility studies and research there are many untapped opportunities in the poultry and more than enough market to contain our production; meaning we will be able to pay back the loan within the period of 4 years and still get the company running with enough profit base for further expansion.
- Sound knowledge of the enterprise and its technical knowhow
- Proximity to market
- Good and well tested marketing strategies
- Well trained staff strength
- Over dependence on other imported machinery to run the farm
- Poor and unstable power supply
- High cost of veterinary care
- High cost of feed
- Expansion opportunity
- Integration of broiler processing facility
- Future installation of feed processing mill
- Opportunity to train and empower employed youth in the society
- Good source of birds, this also mean poor output
- Wrongly formulated feed which could result in poor egg production and can cause birds’ death
- Water management: water is one of the most essential parts of poultry production. Poor water management could result to disease outbreak
- Vaccine: in adequate or lack of companies who can produce good vaccines leads to procurement of vaccines which might have been mishandled.
Poultry products are one of the most sorts after source of protein. Though there are many type of animal protein but among the many are broilers meat and eggs. These types of animal protein are widely consumed and formed part of our daily diet.
In our farm we focus on the production of these type of protein and a smaller scale and we tend to upscale to meet market demands and also creative opportunities for people around in term of employments.
The Advantage of Poultry birds “Layers”
- They are a good source of protein.
- They are prolific breeders which make them a source of income
- Though susceptible to diseases but when well taking cared of they have the ability to survive
- They grow fast and big which then tend to bring in good turnover at regular base.
The disadvantage of Poultry Birds (Layers)
- They are venerable to diseases and infections
- They require large capital base to invest in
- They require so much care to give out good output
- They requires quality feed and good water management to give out good output
- Frozen dealers and outlets
DETERMINATION OF THE TARGET MARKET
- Average earner
- Married women
- Zartech Farms
- Ajanla Farms
- Obasanjo Farms
- Large scale production
- Established customer base
- Large budget for marketing
- Modern equipment for production
- Poor customer service
- Poor staff management practice
- Poor and expensive stock control measures
To download the full poultry farm business plan with breakdown of the cost analysis you can reach me on whatsapp: 08032912347.